"Kaleidoscope", "The Guest House", and "Mr. President"

2:42:00 PM

I just listen to one of Coldplay newest song, "Kaleidoscope", and I just know that the one who read the poem on this song is Barack Obama, the president himself. Oh God, I just fall in love with the voice and the poems and the music as the background in this song. So match each other perfectly. And after I search on Google and know that it is Rumi's poem, it made me love him even more. For someone who can write something that last longer than his own life is an amazing and awesome thing I think. I mean he was live in 800 years ago. If he was not genius or didn't have a perfect skill to write things became so beautifully, I am pretty sure that he would be forgotten. But, the fact, until now, about 800 years after he was born, he and his writing are still can be found everywhere. 
I don't know why Coldplay chose Rumi's poem, "The Guest House", and why they chose Mr. President as the one who read it, but they made the right choice. It flows perfectly and beautifully with they music. And the way Obama read it made me thinks and feels about the poem meaning. Ah looks like I exaggerate a bit, but it is just me when I like something, I will like and love it to the fullest hahaha
So, no more words needed, this is it, I present the full version of Rumi's "The Guest House"


The Guest House

By Jellaludin Rumi,translation by Coleman Barks


This being human is a guest house.
Every morning a new arrival.

A joy, a depression, a meanness,
some momentary awareness comes
as an unexpected visitor.

Welcome and entertain them all!
Even if they are a crowd of sorrows,
who violently sweep your house
empty of its furniture,
still, treat each guest honorably.
He may be clearing you out
for some new delight.

The dark thought, the shame, the malice.
meet them at the door laughing and invite them in.

Be grateful for whatever comes.
because each has been sent
as a guide from beyond.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram